segunda-feira, 27 de agosto de 2012

A Workless Day


Adega do Gaúcho (Gaucho Wine Cellar): The place I decided to spend Monday afternoon intead of going to work.
Ok, I must give in to you that I haven't gone to work today. It was almost 9:30 when I woke up and I felt myself really heavy, dizzy and too much lazy to take my way and get to work. Then I decided to just stay in bed and let time go by, not caring about routine, and not giving a shit to life itself. What has to be is just going to be, so let it follow that way; I'm going to enjoy it until the last little moment. After all, I can make up for this day if I stay longer at work for the next following days at work. So that's for you, state court of law, staff coordinators and commissioners where I work: just leave me alone for today, and fuck you. I'm on my own this Monday and that's simply great.
I kept sleeping - or just lying lazily and thoughtless on bed -,  until it was about 1:30 P.M. Then I finally awoke for the day, and walked down a few blocks to China in Box to get some meal there. I had some fried chicken fingers and rice, and asked for some juice to drink along with the meal.
I wasn't sure how to go about my afternoon as I left China in Box, then went to the wine cellar nearby and asked for a couple of wine glasses - three glasses that I drank soft and gently, without any kind of worry on mind.
I then felt grateful for having a job where sometimes I can just miss a work day without any trouble about getting fired or anything else. Of course I don't appreciate much what I do - dealing with lawyers, lots of paperwork, bureaucracy and everything -, but it has it's bright sight too. I guess most things in life are like that: it depends much on the way you see things, much more than the way things really are (if you take for granted that it's possible for something to just "be" in an absolute way, with no relative outlook involved). 
Cheers.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário